What is pain management?
Why is pain management used?
SCIMEDICA’s physicians treat all kinds of pain through regenerative tissue healing. Some of the many chronic pain conditions and injuries that are treated at SCIMEDICA include:
- Joint injuries and degeneration, including back/hip/knee/neck/shoulder/ankle pain, ACL/PCL sprains, frozen shoulder, adhesive capsulitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, rotator cuff partial tears, TMJ syndrome, golfer’s elbow, tennis elbow, herniated disc, whiplash, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis
- Neuropathic pain, including diabetic neuropathic pain
- Neurogenic pain, neuritis, neuralgia, including trigeminal neuralgia, sciatica
- Trauma-related pain
- Headaches & Migraines
- Abdominal pain, including IBS, Crohn’s, colitis
- Chronic pelvic and urogenital pain, including interstitial cystitis, chronic prostatitis, vulvodynia
- Arthritic pain, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and various autoimmune arthritis
- Fibromyalgia pain
What does pain/injury management involve?
At SCIMEDICA, we evaluate the nature and etiology of the pain, and use various tools that best and most comprehensively addresses your condition. Our doctors at SCIMEDICA are well-versed with advanced injection therapies for treatment of pain and injury, when appropriate. Some of these therapies stimulate the regeneration of joint tissues (such as ligaments, tendons, and cartilage). Others restore healthy neurological function to reduce pain hypersensitivity.
Some of the advanced injection therapies available at SCIMEDICA include:
- Prolotherapy and PRP
- Perineural injection therapy / neural prolotherapy / neuroprolotherapy
- Neural therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent
What are the advantages of using pain/injury management with SCIMEDICA?
Entrusting your pain and injury care to our naturopathic doctors has the following benefits:
- Naturally and non-surgically supports and restore the body to a healthy condition
- Promotes the body’s natural healing processes
- Removes obstacles that prevent the body from working optimally
If you are interested in pain management with SCIMEDICA Health Group, we invite you to schedule an appointment at our naturopathic medicine clinic, serving the Greater Vancouver area. Our team looks forward to working together with you to achieve your health goals. Call (604) 541-8811 to learn more or to make an appointment.