Degenerative / Autoimmune / Infectious Diseases
What are degenerative diseases?
Degenerative disorders, including autoimmune and infectious diseases, affect millions of people in the world today. The group of diseases are characterized by cell deterioration in the body, which worsens the body’s state over time. Often, this is due to the body attacking itself, such as with autoimmune disorders. Exposure to toxins and chemicals in the environment or other unresolved, chronic infections can play a role in developing or progressing the onset of certain diseases.
What kinds of degenerative diseases are there?
There are many types of degenerative diseases, and each should be diagnosed after a thorough evaluation by a doctor. Some degenerative diseases include:
- Digestive diseases (Crohn’s disease, colitis)
- Lyme disease
- Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
- Gout / Pseudogout
- Fibromyalgia / chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
- Mixed connective tissue diseases, polymyalgia rheumatica
- Multiple Sclerosis
How are degenerative diseases managed?
At SCIMEDICA, our naturopathic physicians use therapies to remove excess toxins in the body, which can contribute to disease onset and progression. In many cases, this therapy can relieve the stress on the tissues and help patients regain a healthy, functional state.
Potential therapeutic options used at SCIMEDICA include the following:
- Drainage therapy is a treatment targeted at removing chemicals, toxins and other residue from the cells. In many cases, this is enough to relieve the stress on the tissues and allow it to regain a healthy functional state.
- IV therapy is a treatment that uses an IV to transfer nutrients and fluids to the patient through the bloodstream, correcting nutritional deficiencies and promoting self-healing.
- Bio-regenerative injection therapies such as neural therapy, PRP and ozone therapies promote detoxification, systems balance and cellular health
To learn more about the therapies available at SCIMEDICA Health Group, we invite you to contact our naturopathic medicine clinic, serving the Greater Vancouver area. Our team looks forward to working together with you to achieve your health goals. Call (604) 541-8811 to learn more or to make an appointment.