What is holistic nutrition?
A healthy diet is crucial to attaining vibrant health, but in our fast-paced world today, nutrition is often sacrificed for convenience. With so much conflicting information about health and wellness, it can be difficult for us to know where to begin when it comes to healthy eating. At SCIMEDICA, we use a holistic approach to identify and apply a whole foods diet that best suits your unique body, your lifestyle and also considers your ability to implement these changes.
Why is holistic nutrition used?
Unfortunately, our busy lifestyles have caused us to make our food intake less of a priority. As a result, many of us suffer from the health consequences of poor nutrition. Diets that mainly consist of processed or ready-made foods are nutrient-deficient, and high in refined sugar, and over the long-term lead to sensitivity reactions that result in short and long-term health consequences.
Adopting a holistic diet that is suited to your individual needs can help improve energy and overall health. Because we are all different when it comes to our health needs, our nutritionist establishes a unique nutrition plan for you that will optimize your personal health and well-being.
What does holistic nutrition involve?
At SCIMEDICA, a certified nutritional practitioner will work with you to develop a nutrition plan that suites your personal needs. Some services that may be utilized to help determine the right foods for you include:
- Diagnostic testing is an important step for your holistic nutritionist to determine your individual dietary needs. Because each person is unique, foods that are healthy for some people may cause adverse reactions in others. At SCIMEDICA, we have a variety of diagnostic testing, ranging from food sensitivity testing to state-of-the-art nutrigenomics testing.
- Food sensitivity testing can determine if specific foods are inflaming your body, potentially causing gut symptoms (bloating, gas, acid reflux), systemic symptoms (exacerbation of joint inflammation/pain) or skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis)
- Meal planning consists of a certified nutritional practitioner creating a customized meal plan that meets your individual nutritional needs. These meal plans incorporate healthy, natural foods into your everyday eating habits.
- Nutritional coaching consists of a holistic nutritionist working with you one-on-one to give you the information needed to understand your body and the way certain foods can help or hinder your system.
- Grocery store tours consist of a professionally-led tour of your favorite grocery store to help you implement your new holistic diet with support and guidance.
- Cooking sessions consist of guided meal preparation services led by our certified nutritionist, who assists you in cooking meals that fit your individual dietary needs.
What are the advantages of using holistic nutrition?
Some of the many benefits of holistic health nutrition include:
- Supports the immune system
- Prevents diseases
- Relieves stress
- Improves memory
- Strengthens body parts, including:
- Relieves chronic mental and physical conditions, including:
- Heart disease
If you are interested in holistic nutrition with SCIMEDICA Health Group, we encourage you to take the next step toward a healthier you. Schedule an appointment at our naturopathic medicine clinic, serving the Greater Vancouver area, by calling (604)541-8811. We look forward to helping you achieve your personal health goals.